I had somehow forgotten to post the bagels, and worse yet, I was struggling with the Beer Bread. I set the barley seeds to sprout three times, and apart from a very interesting smell to the cupboard, I was rewarded with mold each time.
I planted a few seeds in the Darling Bride's flower beds, so right up until the point that she weeded them out I had proof of viability.
Anyway, I thought I would substitute pearled barley instead, and add a little malt powder for the flavor. I cut the recipe in half, since I am not sure how much will get eaten this week. I set the pearled barley in a cup of water and microwaved it until it seemed pretty soft.
And as often, when you take short cuts, it was mediocre.
It looks good. It tastes OK.
But I was expecting more, so I will have to take an "F" for this project and try it again.
Well, maybe not an "F".
Maybe 'incomplete' is more like it.